Thursday 1 July 1926
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Faces of Children, directed by Jacques Feyder, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1926
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1926!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1926 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- François Bastide: French writer, diplomat, radio host and astrologer.
- Francois Bastide: France Writer.
- Hans Werner Henze: German composer.
- Robert Fogel: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2013).
- Carl Hahn: German automotive executive.
- Hans Henze: German composer and conductor, the Musical Director in Constance in 1948 and Artistic Director of the Ballet of the Hessian State Theatre in Wiesbaden in 1950. Henze lived in Italy as an independent artist from 1953 and was the Professor of Composition at Salzburg in 1961. Operas, ballets, choral works, symphonies, concertos and film music are all types of work that he has composed.
- Franclaois-Regis Bastide: Writer / broadcaster
- Canada restores gold standard
- The Kuomingtang begins a military unification campaign in northern China.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1926 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Valencia - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra
- The Governor's Pardon - Vernon Dalhart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?