Wednesday 1 July 1931
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Leslie Caron and Stanislav Grof.
Maciste in Hell, directed by Guido Brignone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1931
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1931!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1931 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Leslie Caron: French-American dancer, winsome and elfin, a pro from 16 in ballet.
- Stanislav Grof: Czech-American writer, educator, parapsychologist and psychiatrist.
- Cleveland Municipal Stadium is completed
- Phillies Chuck Klein hits for cycle vs. Chicago Cubs
- Trans African Railway in use (Benguela, Angola-Jadotville, Congo)
- Boeing Air Transport begin service (later called United Airlines).
- Ice vending machines introduced in Los Angeles; 25 pounds for 15 cents.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?