Tuesday 1 July 1952
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Story of Robin Hood and His Merrie Men, directed by Ken Annakin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1952!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1952 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Timothy J Tobias: American composer and musician (d. 2006).
- Ronald Hedbany: American police officer for 13 years who was shot and killed by a bank robber fleeing from a holdup at the Milwaukee-Glendale border, WI; he died on the way to the hospital.
- Frédéric Thiriez: French soccer official, president of the Professional Football League from 2002, and president of the Association of European Football Leagues from 25 October 2013.
- Dan Aykroyd: Canadian actor.
- David Lane: American white nationalist (Born 1938).
- Steve Shutt: Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster
- Timothy Tobias: American pianist and composer (d. 2006)
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?