Thursday 1 July 1954
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Michael Daniel Reid and Keith Whitley.
In UK Secret Love by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
Garden of Evil, directed by Henry Hathaway, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1954
while Not As A Stranger by Morton Thompson was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The World of Mr. Sweeney.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1954!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1954 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Michael Daniel Reid: Bainbridge, Maryland -- PGA golfer (1987 Seiko Tucson).
- Keith Whitley: American country-western singer and songwriter.
- WDBO (now WCPX) TV channel 6 in Orlando, Florida (CBS) begins broadcasting
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 July 1954
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1954 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?