Wednesday 1 July 1964
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mike Twardoski and Theresa Lynn.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Get Around by The Beach Boys.
In UK It's Over by Roy Orbison was in the top 5 hits.
The Masque of the Red Death, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Spreewitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1964!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1964 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Mike Twardoski: Baseball player.
- Theresa Lynn: Louisville, Kentucky -- Actress (Orgasm Girl-Private Parts).
- Poi Burton: rocker (Transvision Vamp-Velveteen).
- Bernard Laporte: French rugby player, a member of the French rugby team 1999.
- Pierre Monteux: French / US conductor (Concert Bldg Orch), dies at 89.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beach Boys - I Get Around
- Millie Small - My Boy Lollipop
- Johnny Rivers - Memphis
- Gerry and the Pacemakers - Don't Let The Sun Catch You Crying
- Barbra Streisand - People
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- The 4 Seasons - Rag Doll
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Bad To Me
- The Dave Clark Five - Can't You See That She's Mine
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?