Thursday 1 July 1965
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Luc Rochefort and Carl Fogarty.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Can't Help Myself by Four Tops.
In UK Crying In The Chapel by Elvis Presley was in the top 5 hits.
Monster a-Go Go, directed by Bill Rebane, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Vision On.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1965!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1965 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Luc Rochefort: Trois-Rivieres, Quebec -- Golfer (1991 Low Amateur Quebec).
- Carl Fogarty: Motorcycle Racer.
- Egashira 2:50: Japanese comedian.
- Garry Schofield: English rugby player and coach.
- Harald Zwart: Norwegian director and producer.
- KUID TV channel 12 in Moscow, ID (PBS) begins broadcasting
- Kinderstraf trial starts
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself
- The Rolling Stones - (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction
- The Byrds - Mr. Tambourine Man
- Sam the Sham and the Pharaohs - Wooly Bully
- Herman's Hermits - Wonderful World
- The Yardbirds - For Your Love
- Johnny Rivers - Seventh Son
- Elvis Presley - Crying In The Chapel
- Barbara Mason - Yes, I'm Ready
- Jackie De Shannon - What The World Needs Now Is Love
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?