Saturday 1 July 1967
It was Saturday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Windy by The Association.
In UK A Whiter Shade Of Pale by Procol Harum was in the top 5 hits.
The Dirty Dozen, directed by Robert Aldrich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Eighth Day by Thornton Wilder was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1967!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1967 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Pamela Anderson: Canadian-American actress, star of the most watched TV show in history, "Baywatch," a sand-sex-surf-saga marketed to more than 40 countries and watched by a billion people every week.
- Dave Richardson: CFL tackle (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Mike Eastwood: Ottawa, Ontario -- NHL center (Winnipeg Jets).
- Sansan Chien: Taiwanese composer and academic (d. 2011).
- Marisa Monte: Brazilian singer-songwriter (Tribalistas).
- Elisabetta Cavallotti: Italian actress, who starred in the films Graduates (1995), Look (1999) and Bad inclinations (2003). She also appeared in television series such as Don Matteo and Capri. She is a descendant of the politician and poet Felice Cavallotti (1842-1898).
- Gerhard Ritter: German-American historian of the 20th century, whose original interest was in the 16th century until he was drawn by the events through which he lived into writing about the Germany of his day.
- Funny Girl closes at Winter Garden Theater NYC after 1348 performances
- 1st British color TV broadcast, on BBC 2
- BBC starts their World Radio Club.
- The European Community is formally created out of a merger with the Common Market, the European Coal and Steel Community, and the European Atomic Energy Commission.
- Canada celebrates the 100th anniversary of the British North America Act, 1867, which officially made Canada its own federal dominion.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Association - Windy
- The Young Rascals - Groovin'
- The Music Explosion - Little Bit O'Soul
- Scott McKenzie - San Francisco (Be Sure To Wear Flowers In Your Hair)
- The Turtles - She'd Rather Be With Me
- Aretha Franklin - Respect
- Frankie Valli - Can't Take My Eyes Off You
- The Grass Roots - Let's Live For Today
- Every Mothers' Son - Come On Down To My Boat
- Petula Clark - Don't Sleep In The Subway
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?