Tuesday 1 July 1969
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gary Brown and Séamus Egan.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet by Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus.
In UK The Ballad Of John And Yoko by The Beatles was in the top 5 hits.
Death Rides a Horse, directed by Giulio Petroni, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Love Machine by Jacqueline Susann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The David Frost Show.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1969!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1969 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Gary Brown: NFL running back (Houston Oilers).
- Séamus Egan: Irish singer-songwriter and guitarist (Solas).
- John andYoko are hospitalized after a car crash
- Shelby Singleton buys Sun Records from Sam Phillips
- Charles Philip Arthur George invested as Prince of Wales.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 July 1969
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Henry Mancini, His Orchestra And Chorus - Love Theme From Romeo & Juliet
- Blood, Sweat & Tears - Spinning Wheel
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Bad Moon Rising
- Oliver - Good Morning Starshine
- Three Dog Night - One
- The Beatles - Get Back
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crystal Blue Persuasion
- Zager & Evans - In The Year 2525 (Exordium & Terminus)
- The Winstons - Color Him Father
- Marvin Gaye - Too Busy Thinking About My Baby
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?