Thursday 1 July 1971
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to It's Too Late by Carole King.
In UK Knock Three Times by Dawn was in the top 5 hits.
Two-Lane Blacktop, directed by Monte Hellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while The Passions Of The Mind by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1971!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1971 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Steven Bailey: American actor.
- Jamie Walker: American baseball player.
- Julianne Nicholson: American actress, who appeared in "Little Black Book" and "Kinsey".
- Bieke Ilegems: Belgian actress, Ilegems had her first child, a daughter, in 1996 and her second child, another daughter, on April 16, 2002.
- Darick Holmes: NFL running back (Buffalo Bills).
- Oleg Antonenko: Hockey forward (Team Belarus, Olympics - 1998)
- Wanda Gonzalez: Miss Connecticut USA (1996)
- Steven W Bailey: American actor
- Amira Casar: French actress
- Melissa Peterman: TV Actress
- Missy Elliott: American rapper and singer
- British and Argentina sign accord about Falkland Islands
- State of Washington becomes 1st state to ban sex discrimination
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Carole King - It's Too Late
- The Rolling Stones - Brown Sugar
- The Raiders - Indian Reservation (The Lament Of The Cherokee Reservation Indian)
- The Honey Cone - Want Ads
- James Taylor - You've Got A Friend
- Carpenters - Rainy Days And Mondays
- Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose - Treat Her Like A Lady
- Ringo Starr - It Don't Come Easy
- Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds - Don't Pull Your Love
- Jerry Reed - When You're Hot, You're Hot
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?