Sunday 1 July 1973
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth) by George Harrison.
In UK Welcome Home by Peters & Lee was in the top 5 hits.
40 Carats, directed by Milton Katselas, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1973
while Breakfast Of Champions by Kurt Vonnegut was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1973!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1973 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Malina Milson: Australian softball 1st baseman (1996 Olympics - Bronze Medalist).
- William Jewett: American accused of sexual assault and murder.
- Mario La Broca: Composer, dies at 76.
- Jesus Christ Superstar closes at Mark Hellinger NYC after 711 performances
- 1st US-China basketball game, US collegiates beats Shanghai 96-61
- Mary Mills wins LPGA Lady Tara Golf Classic
- The United States Drug Enforcement Administration is founded.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1973 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul McCartney - My Love
- Billy Preston - Will It Go Round In Circles
- George Harrison - Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)
- Clint Holmes - Playground In My Mind
- Paul Simon - Kodachrome
- Sylvia - Pillow Talk
- Three Dog Night - Shambala
- Barry White - I'm Gonna Love You Just A Little More Baby
- The Doobie Brothers - Long Train Runnin'
- Dr. John - Right Place Wrong Time
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?