Monday 1 July 1974
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Rock The Boat by The Hues Corporation.
In UK The Streak by Ray Stevens was in the top 5 hits.
Where the Red Fern Grows, directed by Norman Tokar, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Watership Down by Richard Adams was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1974.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1974!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1974 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Michele Krasnoo: Culver City, California -- Actress (Kickboxer IV).
- Jefferson Perez: Ecuadorian race walker.
- Jefferson Pérez: Ecuadorian race walker.
- Juan Peron: 29th and 41st President of Argentina (Born 1895).
- 1st Laura Ashley-store in US opens (San Francisco)
- General Pinochet becomes President of Chile
- Monmouthshire renamed Gwent and becomes part of Wales.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Hues Corporation - Rock The Boat
- Gordon Lightfoot - Sundown
- Bo Donaldson & The Heywoods - Billy, Don't Be A Hero
- George McCrae - Rock Your Baby
- Olivia Newton-John - If You Love Me (Let Me Know)
- Kool & The Gang - Hollywood Swinging
- The Stylistics - You Make Me Feel Brand New
- John Denver - Annie's Song
- Anne Murray - You Won't See Me
- Gladys Knight and the Pips - On And On
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?