Sunday 1 July 1990
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of July people in US were listening to Step By Step by New Kids On The Block.
In UK Sacrifice / Healing Hands by Elton John was in the top 5 hits.
Die Hard 2, directed by Renny Harlin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1990
while The Stand by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1990.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 1990!
Which were the important events of 1 July 1990 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
- Young B: American rapper.
- Ben Coker: English footballer.
- Natsuki Sato: Japanese singer and actress (AKB48).
- Ashdubh : YouTube Star.
- Alexa San Roman: Guitarist.
- 11th US Seniors Golf Open: Lee Trevino
- 18th du Maurier Golf Classic: Cathy Johnston
- Despite Andy Hawkins no-hitting White Sox, Yankees lose 4-0
- FC Swells soccer team forms in Swells
- New York Yankee Andy Hawkins throws no-hitter in Comiskey Park, losing 4-0
- German Democratic Republic accepts the West German Deutsche Mark as its currency.
- In Victoria, Australia, helmetless bike riding becomes illegal.
- German re-unification: East Germany accepts the Deutsche Mark as its currency, thus uniting the economies of East and West Germany.
- A stampede in a pedestrian tunnel leading to Mecca kills 1,426.
- A U.S. District Court acquits Imelda Marcos on racketeering and fraud charges.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1990 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?