Sunday 1 July 2007
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Umbrella by Rihanna.
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, directed by David Yates, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while Lean Mean Thirteen by Janet Evanovich was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Last One Standing.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Champions of Regnum or Coded Arms: Contagion.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 July 2007!
Which were the important events of 1 July 2007 ?
- Canada Day (formerly Dominion Day) - national holiday of Canada. Moving Day in the province of QuTbec
- 1899 - Indiana Jones's birthday.
- In Bulgaria, there is a tradition called July Morning dating from the hippy period in 1980s and maybe as far back as the 1970s. Young (and not so young) people from all over the country travel (often hitchhike) to the Black Sea coast to meet the first sun rays on the 1st of July. Naturally Uriah Heep's July Morning is the main refrain. Although the tradition is linked to the hippy movement in America, it is still popular in Bulgaria. Strangely, it seems that there is no such tradition in other
- Surinam Keti Koti (Breaking of Chains) Day of Liberty; On July 1, 1863 slavery was abolished.
- Memorial Day in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region Establishment Day.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 July
- Smoking in England is banned in all public indoor spaces.
- Police conduct a controlled explosion of a suspicious car in a carpark of the Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley, where two suspects in the 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack are being held. (CNN)
- Authorities evacuate part of Heathrow Airport while they investigate a suspect package. (Reuters)
- An evacuation is made of the American Airlines terminal of JFK airport because of a suspicious package. The package was found at 10:20 AM local time, and bomb squad was sent to the scene. The package turned out to be carrying cologne, so the terminal was cleared and operations returned to normal within an hour. (San Jose Mercury News) (Wikinews)
- Avraham Hirschson resigns as the Finance Minister of Israel as an investigation into alleged fraud and embezzlement continues. (JTA)
- The Australian government upgrades its travel alert for the United Kingdom following the 2007 Glasgow International Airport attack and the 2007 London car bombs discovery. (Reuters)
- A helicopter crash in the Raveau forest near the town La Charité-sur-Loire in central France kills three people involved in the French Grand Prix and injures two. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- The African Union meets in Accra, Ghana, for a summit with attention focussed on a proposal by Muammar al-Gaddafi of Libya for a pan-African government. (BBC)
- Chinese archaeologists have found a hidden underground chamber within the tomb of Qin Shi Huang. (BBC)
- Canada celebrates its 140th anniversary. Canada Day marks the creation of the Dominion of Canada through the British North America Act on July 1, 1867. (CBC)
- Alison Brimelow becomes President of the European Patent Office. (The Lawyer)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?