Monday 1 June 1908
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Resa Stockholm-Göteborg genom Göta och Trollhätte kanaler, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1908.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1908!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1908 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Percy Edwards: Animal imitator.
- Julie Tatham: American author (d. 1999).
- Albert Lebon: Haumont Military man.
- Axel Heiberg: Norwegian judge.
- John Krohn begins walk around perimeter of US, which took 357 days
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1908 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- The Vilia Song - Elise Stevenson
- Maxim's - Harry Macdonough
- From Your Dear Heart to Mine - Frank Stanley
- Women - Peerless Quartet
- The Rosary - Ernestine Schumann-Heink
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?