Tuesday 1 June 1909
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Only a Tramp, directed by Theo Bouwmeester, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1909 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Yechezkel Kutscher: Slovakian-born Israeli philologist and Hebrew linguist (d. 1971).
- Szymon Goldberg: Polish / US violinist / conductor (Netherlands Chamber Orchestra).
- Hans Vogt: Norwegian linguist (d. 1986).
- Giuseppe Martucci: Italian pianist composer and conductor (d. 1909).
- (to October 16) The Alaska-Yukon-Pacific Exposition is held in Seattle, Washington.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1909 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Meet Me in Rose-Time, Rosie - Billy Murray & Haydn Quartet
- American Ragtime - Billy Murray
- Softly and Tenderly - Frank Stanley & Henry Burr
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in June 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?