Friday 1 June 1917
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
A Romance of the Redwoods, directed by Cecil B. DeMille, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1917
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1917.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1917!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1917 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- William S Knowles: American chemist, Nobel Prize laureate.
- William Knowles: American chemist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2012).
- Hank Gowdy is 1st baseball player to enlist during WWI
- A French infantry regiment seizes Missy-aux-Bois and declares an anti-war military government. Other French army troops soon apprehend them.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1917 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- For Me and My Gal - Van & Schenck
- John McCormack - The Star-Spangled Banner
- America - Louis Gravieure
- I'se Gwine Back to Dixie - Alma Gluck
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?