Thursday 1 June 1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Abdul Rashid and Joan Copeland [Miller].
The Phantom Carriage, directed by Victor Sjstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1922!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1922 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Abdul Rashid: Pakistan -- Field hockey player (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Joan Copeland [Miller]: NYC, New York -- Actress (Roseland, A Little Sex).
- Joachim Boosfeld: German Nazi military figure, a Hauptsturmführer (Chief Storm Leader/Captain) in the Waffen-SS during World War II.
- Joan Caulfield: American former model and actress, a wide-eyed blonde beauty who played wholesome ingénue roles in light films of the '40s.
- Joan Copeland: American actress.
- Povel Ramel: Swedish singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2007)
- The Royal Ulster Constabulary is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Play That Song of India Again - Charles Harrison
- Virginia Blues - Van & Schenck
- Angel Child - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Georgia - Peerless Quartet
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?