Thursday 1 June 1922
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
The Phantom Carriage, directed by Victor Sjstrm, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1922
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1922.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1922!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1922 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Joan Caulfield: American former model and actress, a wide-eyed blonde beauty who played wholesome ingénue roles in light films of the '40s.
- Joan Copeland: American actress.
- Povel Ramel: Swedish singer-songwriter and pianist (d. 2007).
- Joachim Boosfeld: German Nazi military figure, a Hauptsturmführer (Chief Storm Leader/Captain) in the Waffen-SS during World War II.
- Abdul Rashid: Pakistan -- Field hockey player (1960 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Joan Copeland [Miller]: NYC, New York -- Actress (Roseland, A Little Sex)
- The Royal Ulster Constabulary is founded.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1922 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Play That Song of India Again - Charles Harrison
- Virginia Blues - Van & Schenck
- Angel Child - Ben Selvin & His Orchestra
- Georgia - Peerless Quartet
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?