Saturday 1 June 1935
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
The Triumph of Sherlock Holmes, directed by Leslie S. Hiscott, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1935
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1935.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1935!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1935 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- James George: United States -- Weightlifter (Olympics Silver 1960 / Bronze 1956).
- John Edward Porter: (Rep-R-Illinois, 1980- ).
- Reverend Ike: South Carolina, United States -- Evangelist minister (Joy of Living).
- Norman Foster: Baron Foster of Thames Bank English architect founded Foster and Partners.
- Ike: American minister and television host (d. 2009).
- John Reynolds: American computer scientist and academic (d. 2013)
- Jack Kralick: American baseball player, a left-handed pitcher with the with the Washington Senators/Minnesota Twins (1959-1963) and Cleveland Indians (1963-1967).
- Huguette Bouchardeau: French socialist politician, publisher (founder of HB Éditions), essayist, and biographer.
- Johannes Van Damme: Dutch engineer, arrested on 27 September 1991 when 4.5 kg of heroin was found in his luggage. He denied guilt, saying that it was a plot organized by a businessman who was his competitor. He was condemned to death despite international pressure, and hanged in Singapore on 23 September 1994 at 6:30 PM.
- Clayton Eshleman: American poet, translator, and editor.
- Driving test and license plates introduced in England
- Yanks set solo HR record with 6 beat Boston 7-2
- The first driving tests are introduced in the United Kingdom.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?