Monday 1 June 1936
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Fury, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1936
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1936.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1936!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1936 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- André Bourbeau: Canadian politician.
- Bekim Fehmiu: Actor (Black Sunday, Permission to Kill, Cagliostro).
- Gerald Scarfe: English illustrator and animator.
- Joe Doyle: Irish politician.
- Lux Radio Theater moved from NYC to Hollywood
- Queen Mary completes its maiden voyage, arriving in New York
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?