Tuesday 1 June 1937
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Kid Galahad, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1937
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1937.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1937!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1937 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Morgan Freeman: American actor, he won Academy Award for Best Supporting Actor for his role in Million Dollar Baby on February 27, 2005.
- Colleen McCullough: Australian writer most noted for "The Thorn Birds," 1977, a huge sprawling novel that is easy to read and totally engrossing.
- Rosaleen Linehan: Irish actress and singer.
- Henri Tisot: France Actor.
- Grahame Walker: British mechanical engineer and CEO of Dexter, the first non-family CEO in seven generations.
- Prince Konoye becomes Japanese Premier
- Chicago White Sox pitcher Bill Dietrich no-hits Saint Louis Browns, 8-0.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?