Sunday 1 June 1941
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Edo de Waart in Amsterdam and Dean Chance.
Billy the Kid, directed by David Miller, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1941
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1941.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1941!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1941 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Edo de Waart in Amsterdam: Holland; conductor (Houston Opera-1976).
- Dean Chance: American baseball player, a pitcher with the Los Angeles Dodgers and Minnesota Twins among others and 1964 winner of the Cy Young Award.
- Edo De Waart: Dutch musician, an assistant Conductor in Amsterdam 1966; permanent Conductor of the Rotterdam Philharmonic in 1967; Musical Director and Principal Conductor 1973-79; Principal Guest Conductor of San Francisco Symphony 1975.
- Toyo Ito: Japanese architect designed the Torre Realia BCN and Hotel Porta Fira.
- Wayne Kemp: American singer-songwriter and guitarist (d. 2015).
- Alexander Zakharov: Russian physicist and astronomer
- 12.59 (31.98 cm) rainfall, Burlington Kansas (state 24-hr record)
- British troops occupy Bagdad Iraq
- Germany occupies Kreta
- New York Giant Mel Ott hits his 400th HR and his 1,500th RBI
- 31.98 cm (12.59 inches) rainfall, Burlington, Kansas (state 24-hr record).
- Germany bans all Catholic publications.
- World War II: Battle of Crete ends as Crete capitulates to Germany.
- The Farhud, a pogrom of Iraqi Jews, takes place in Baghdad.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?