Saturday 1 June 1946
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carol Neblett in Modesto and Brian Cox.
The Stranger, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
On TV people were watching Chime Time.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1946!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1946 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Carol Neblett in Modesto: California, USA; soprano (New York City Opera).
- Brian Cox: Scottish actor, best known on stage and TV in the UK but also seen in a handful of films.
- Gérard Mégie: French researcher, specializing in atmospherics and climate, and Chairman of the Centre national de la recherche scientifique (CNRS) from 2000 to 2004.
- Jody Stecher: American singer.
- Ion Antonescu: Romanian field marshal and politician 43rd Prime Minister of Romania (d. 1946).
- 78th Belmont: Warren Mehrtens aboard Assault wins in 2:30.8
- Spijkenisse soccer team forms in Spijkenisse
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?