Tuesday 1 June 1948
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tomas Halik and Francesco Prudentino.
The Counterfeiters, directed by Peter Stewart, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1948
On TV people were watching Texaco Star Theatre.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1948!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1948 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Tomas Halik: Czech priest and public intellectual.
- Francesco Prudentino: Italian Mafia boss, considered a king of the contraband and able to provide through his black market anything illegal.
- Joe Andrew: English author and academic.
- Powers Boothe: American actor.
- Michel Plasse: French Canadian ice hockey player (d. 2006).
- Tom Sneva: American race car driver and sportscaster
- Juhan Viiding: Estonian poet and actor (d. 1995)
- Israel and Arabs agree to a cease fire
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 June 1948
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?