Thursday 1 June 1950
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
The Asphalt Jungle, directed by John Huston, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1950
while The Cardinal by Henry Morton Robinson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1950.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1950!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1950 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Bernard Mazières: French journalist assassined by his own.
- Annemarie Jorritsma-Lebbink: Dutch Minister of Traffic (VVD).
- Gennadi Mikhailovich Manakov: Colonel / Cosmonaut (Soyuz TM-10, TM-16).
- Graham Russell: Melbourne, Victoria -- Rock vocalist (Air Supply).
- Tom Robinson: British rock star and broadcasting personality, the singer famous for the "Glad to Be Gay" song who later came out as bisexual, married a woman and had two children.
- Charlene : American singer
- Perrin Beatty: Canadian businessman and politician
- Gemma Craven: Dublin, Ireland -- Actress (Wagner, Story of Slipper & Rose)
- Jean Lambert: English educator and politician
- Michael McDowell: American author and screenwriter (d. 1999)
- Wayne Nelson: American singer and bass player (Little River Band)
- WKZO (now WWMT) TV channel 3 in Kalamazoo, MI (CBS) 1st broadcast
- June 23 ampndash Mauna Loa in Hawaii starts erupting.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1950 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Kay Starr - Bonaparte's Retreat
- Count Every Star - Ray Anthony
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?