Friday 1 June 1951
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
That's My Boy, directed by Hal Walker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1951
while From Here To Eternity by James Jones was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1951!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1951 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Olivier Dassault: French politician, currently serving as a deputy in the French National Assembly for the UMP.
- Lola Young: Baroness Young of Hornsey English actress and author.
- Malcom Hathorne: American UFO expert & raw food vegan, he was the producer & host of a popular TV show in Tampa, Florida (from 1995-2003) called "UFOs & Metaphysics.
- Dodi Battaglia: Italian guitarist, singer and composer, conferred in the early 1980s with the title of best European guitarist by Stern magazine.
- Rafael Altamira Crevea: Spanish lawyer / historian, dies at 85.
- 1st self-contained titanium plant opens (Henderson Nevada)
- International Cheese treaty signed
- First self-contained titanium plant opened Henderson, Nevada, USA.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?