Monday 1 June 1964
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tribhuvan and Bunny Bleu.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Chapel Of Love by The Dixie Cups.
In UK Don't Throw Your Love Away by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
Robinson Crusoe on Mars, directed by Byron Haskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Pension Spreewitz.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1964!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1964 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Tribhuvan: Indian Poet and journalist.
- Bunny Bleu: American porn actress.
- Mark Curry: American actor and screenwriter.
- Rutkowski Bronislaw: Composer, dies at 66.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Dixie Cups - Chapel Of Love
- The Beatles - Love Me Do
- Mary Wells - My Guy
- Ray Charles Singers - Love Me With All Your Heart (Cuando Calienta El Sol)
- Louis Armstrong - Hello, Dolly!
- Peter and Gordon - A World Without Love
- Dionne Warwick - Walk On By
- Billy J. Kramer with the Dakotas - Little Children
- The Reflections - (Just Like) Romeo And Juliet
- The Beatles - P.S. I Love You
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?