Monday 1 June 1981
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Bette Davis Eyes by Kim Carnes.
In UK Stand And Deliver by Adam & The Ants was in the top 5 hits.
The Haunting of Julia, directed by Richard Loncraine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1981
while Noble House by James Clavell was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1981!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1981 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Amy Schumer: Comedian.
- Brandi Carlile: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Smush Parker: American basketball player.
- Carlos Zambrano: Venezuelan-American baseball player.
- Production of Chevrolet Corvette cars begins at a new plant in Bowling Green, Kentucky, USA. The first Corvette is a two-tone Beige over Dark Brown 1981 model.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1981 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Kim Carnes - Bette Davis Eyes
- Stars On 45 - Medley
- Grover Washington Jr. - Just The Two Of Us
- Smokey Robinson - Being With You
- Taste Of Honey, A - Sukiyaki
- Ray Parker Jr. - A Woman Needs Love (Just Like You Do)
- REO Speedwagon - Take It On The Run
- Gino Vannelli - Living Inside Myself
- Neil Diamond - America
- Franke & The Knockouts - Sweetheart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?