Wednesday 1 June 1983
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Flashdance...What A Feeling by Irene Cara.
In UK True by Spandau Ballet was in the top 5 hits.
Trading Places, directed by John Landis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while The Little Drummer Girl by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1983.
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1983!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1983 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Sharzad Kiadeh: YouTube Star.
- Tetyana Hamera-Shmyrko: Ukrainian runner.
- Tõnis Sahk: Estonian long jumper.
- Jake Silbermann: American actor.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1983 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Irene Cara - Flashdance...What A Feeling
- David Bowie - Let's Dance
- Men At Work - Overkill
- Culture Club - Time (Clock Of The Heart)
- Thomas Dolby - She Blinded Me With Science
- Michael Jackson - Beat It
- Lionel Richie - My Love
- Prince - Little Red Corvette
- Laura Branigan - Solitaire
- Bryan Adams - Straight From The Heart
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?