Friday 1 June 1984
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Naidangiin Tuvshinbayar and David Neville.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Let's Hear It For The Boy by Deniece Williams.
In UK The Reflex by Duran Duran was in the top 5 hits.
Top Secret!, directed by Jim Abrahams, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while The Aquitaine Progression by Robert Ludlum was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Six Centuries of Verse.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Grobda or Labyrinth.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1984!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1984 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Naidangiin Tuvshinbayar: Mongolian athlete.
- David Neville: American sprinter.
- Olivier Tielemans: Dutch race car driver.
- Naidangiin Tüvshinbayar: Mongolian martial artist.
- Douglas H Mitchell, QC of Calgary becomes 6th CFL Commissioner
- KWK-AM in St. Louis MO changes call letters to KGLD
- Weightlifter Alexander Gunyashev of the USSR snatches a record 211 kg
- William M. Gibbons is released as receiver and trustee of the Chicago, Rock Island amp Pacific railroad, after all of its debts and creditors are paid off by order of a federal bankruptcy court.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 1 June 1984
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy
- Cyndi Lauper - Time After Time
- Lionel Richie - Hello
- Steve Perry - Oh Sherrie
- Duran Duran - The Reflex
- Night Ranger - Sister Christian
- Phil Collins - Against All Odds (Take A Look At Me Now)
- Huey Lewis and the News - The Heart Of Rock & Roll
- Irene Cara - Breakdance
- Julio Iglesias - To All The Girls I've Loved Before
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?