Thursday 1 June 1995
It was Thursday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman? by Bryan Adams.
In UK Unchained Melody / White Cliffs Of Dover by Robson Green & Jerome Flynn was in the top 5 hits.
The Bridges of Madison County, directed by Clint Eastwood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1995
while The Rainmaker by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1995.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1995!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1995 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
- Mikayla Jade: YouTube Star.
- Jonah Green: YouTube Star.
- Jordi Van den Bussche: YouTube Star.
- Carlos García: Spanish footballer.
- 68th National Spelling Bee: Justin Tyler Carroll wins spelling xanthosis
- The busiest hurricane season in 62 years begins.
- Mrkonjić Grad incident: A United States Air Force F-16 piloted by Captain Scott O'Grady is shot down over Bosnia and Herzegovina while patrolling the NATO no-fly zone. O'Grady is rescued by U.S. Marines six days later.
- Waffen-SS Hauptsturmführer Erich Priebke is extradited from Argentina to Italy.
- U.S. astronaut Norman Thagard breaks NASA's space endurance record of 14 days, 1 hour and 16 minutes, aboard the Russian space station Mir.
- The Constitutional Court of South Africa abolishes capital punishment in South Africa in the case of ''S v Makwanyane and Another''.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1995 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bryan Adams - Have You Ever Really Loved A Woman?
- Montell Jordan - This Is How We Do It
- Method Man - I'll Be There For You/You're All I Need To Get By
- Nicki French - Total Eclipse Of The Heart
- Boyz II Men - Water Runs Dry
- Adina Howard - Freak Like Me
- Monica - Don't Take It Personal
- Dionne Farris - I Know
- Blessid Union Of Souls - I Believe
- TLC - Red Light Special
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?