Friday 1 June 2007
It was Friday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican). In that special week of June people in US were listening to Makes Me Wonder by Maroon5.
In UK Beautiful Liar by Beyonce & Shakira was in the top 5 hits.
Ocean's Thirteen, directed by Steven Soderbergh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The 6th Target by James Patterson, Maxine Paetro was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 2007.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 2007!
Which were the important events of 1 June 2007 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 June
- U.S. warships bombard a Somali village where Islamic militants had set up a base.
- Jack Kevorkian is released from prison after serving eight years of his 10-25 year prison term for second-degree murder in the 1998 death of Thomas Youk, 52, of Oakland County, Michigan.
- A 2,100-year-old melon is discovered by archaeologists in western Japan.
- In the Amazon Rainforest, a new tribe of indigenous people is discovered. The tribe is called ampquotMetyktireampquot and is a subgroup of the Kayapo tribe. (The Star)
- The U.S. Food and Drug Administration warns consumers to discard all toothpaste made in China after discovering diethylene glycol, a poison related to a chemical used in antifreeze, in some samples. (New York Times)
- The Ukrainian parliament votes to approve a package of legislation clearing the way for a parliamentary election on September 30. (BBC)
- Militants launch two attacks on the Indian Army in Indian-administered Kashmir, resulting in two soldiers killed and 19 injured. (CNN)
- Dr. Jack Kevorkian is released from prison after serving 8 years for assisting terminally ill patients with suicide. (Washington Post)
- The Palestinian Army of Islam militant group posts a video of the BBC's kidnapped Middle East correspondent, Alan Johnston, on a website. (ITV)
- 2007 North Lebanon conflict: Fighting resumes at the Nahr el-Bared camp between the Lebanese Army and Fatah al-Islam. (AP via Houston Chronicle)
- Thousands of South African public sector workers go on strike for a 12% pay raise for the second Friday in a row. (BBC)
- Fiji lifts the state of emergency that was imposed during the 2006 Fijian coup d'état. (The Australian)
- A United States Navy destroyer, the USS ''Chafee'', fires on suspected terrorists staying in Puntland, in northern Somalia. The three suspects are accused in taking part in the 1998 bombings of the United States embassies in Kenya and Tanzania. (MSNBC)
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?