Monday 1 March 1909
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
I tre moschettieri, directed by Mario Caserini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1909
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1909.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1909!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1909 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- David Niven Kirriemuir Angus Scotland actor (Casino Royale: Eye of the Devil).
- Richard de: Guide composer.
- Robert Selby: Taylor bishop.
- David Niven: English actor and novelist who was popular in Europe and in the United States.
- Terence De Marney: England, United Kingdom -- Actor (Case Thomas-Johnny Ringo).
- Vivian Fearing: American homemaker, married to Don on 10/03/1930; one daughter.
- Brenda Crenshaw: British-American psychic and medium who gave private readings to a Hollywood clientele. She married journalist James Crenshaw, author of "Telephone Between Worlds."
- Eugene Esmonde: English lieutenant and pilot (d. 1942)
- Winston Sharples: American composer (d. 1978)
- 1st US university school of nursing established, University of Minnesota
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1909 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Harold Jarvis - Beautiful Isle of Somewhere
- That Wasn't All! - Ralph Herz
- Harry Lauder - When I Get Back Again to Bonnie Scotland
- There Never was a Girl Like You - Harry Macdonough
- Sousa's Band - Fairest of the Fair March
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
What news were making the headlines those days in March 1909?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?