Sunday 1 March 1914
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Judith of Bethulia, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1914
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1914.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1914!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1914 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Ralph Waldo Ellison US writer (Invisible Man: Shadow and Cast).
- Archibald J: Gumede South African African National Congress member/chairman (UDF).
- Gustl Gstettenbaur: Germany Actor.
- Harry Caray: American sportscaster (d. 1998).
- Ralph Ellison: American author and critic (d. 1994).
- Dutch Minister of war H Colijn named director of British Petroleum.
- The Republic of China joins the Universal Postal Union.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1914 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Along Came Ruth - Arthur Fields
- Isle D'amour - Olive Kline
- The One I Love - Grace Kerns & Charles W. Harrison
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?