Thursday 1 March 1934
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Midnight, directed by Chester Erskin, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1934
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1934.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1934!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1934 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Jean-Michel Folon: Belgian painter and sculptor (d. 2005).
- Joan Hackett: American actress first discovered by a photographer named Scavullo at 17.
- Riet [M: J J] Roosen-van Pelt; Dutch second Chamber member (CDA).
- Jim "Ed" Brown in Sparkman: Arkansas, USA; country singer (Nashville on the Road).
- Joan Hackett in New York City: New York, USA; actress (Will Penny, One Stone Pony).
- Primo Carnera beats Tommy Loughran in 15 for heavyweight boxing title.
- Henry Pu Yi crowned emperor Kang Teh of Manchuria.
- Manchuria becomes Manchukuo, following an invasion by the Japanese.
- John Dillinger escapes from jail in Crown Point, Indiana, using a wooden pistol.
- Erich Franke invents the wire bearing (today wire race bearing) and files a patent application.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?