Monday 1 March 1943
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Benjamin W Jipcho and Franz Hohler.
Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man, directed by Roy William Neill, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1943
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1943!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1943 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Benjamin W Jipcho: Mt Elgon, Kenya -- 3K steeplechase (1972 Olympics - Silver Medalist).
- Franz Hohler: Writer.
- Wolfgang Scheidel: German Democratic Republic luge (Olympics-gold-1972).
- Jose Angel Iribar: Spanish footballer.
- Richard H Price: American physicist.
- Mauro Checcoli: Italian equestrian; winner of gold medals at the Tokyo Olympics in 1964.
- Gérard Paquet: French theater impresario, the founding director of a theater festival, inaugurated on 15 July 1965, the Chateauvallon theatre. The production became a political football, a war between National Front (extreme right) mayors and an artist. The politicians’ argument was that Paquet used the theatre festival for propaganda against their ideals and principles, and they had him fired. (The case was reported in 1997.)
- Gil Amelio: American businessman
- José Iribar: Spanish footballer and manager
- Cha Katō: Japanese comedian and actor
- Akinori Nakayama: Japanese gymnast and coach
- Richard Price: American physicist and academic
- Rashid Sunyaev: Russian-German astronomer and physicist
- Alexandre Yersin: Swiss physician (Born 1863).
- Jewish old age home for disabled in Amsterdam raided
- Heinz Guderian becomes the Inspector-General of the Armoured Troops for the German Army.
- March 1–2 ndash WWII: Koriukivka massacre takes place in Ukraine.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?