Friday 1 March 1946
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Rome, Open City, directed by Roberto Rossellini, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1946
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1946.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1946!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1946 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Jim Crace: English author and academic.
- Lana Wood: American actress and producer.
- Elvin Bethea: American football player.
- Lana Wood [Svetlana Gurdin] in Santa Rosa: California, USA; actress (Diamonds are Forever).
- Gerry Boulet: Canadian musician, a song-writer and lead singer of "Offenbach," a major Quebec rock group.
- Tony Ashton in Blackburn: England; rocker (Ashton, Gardner and Dyke).
- British Government takes control of Bank of England, after 252 years.
- The Bank of England is nationalised.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?