Saturday 1 March 1952
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Alice Ritzman in Kalispell and David Allen Barr in Kelowna.
Rancho Notorious, directed by Fritz Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1952
while The Caine Mutiny by Herman Wouk was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Death Valley Days.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1952.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1952!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1952 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Alice Ritzman in Kalispell: Montana, USA; LPGA golfer (1995 Rochester International-5th).
- David Allen Barr in Kelowna: British Columbia, Canada; PGA golfer (Atlanta Golf Classic).
- Leigh Matthews: Australian rules footballer and coach.
- Didier Cohen: French writer, TV screenwriter and photographer.
- Nevada Barr: Novelist.
- Steven Barnes: American author and screenwriter
- Roy Marten: Indonesian actor and producer
- Jerri Nielsen: American physician and explorer (d. 2009)
- Martin O'Neill: Northern Irish footballer and manager
- Brian Winters: American basketball player and coach
- Mariano Azuela: Mexican physician and author (d. 1952).
- Helgoland, in North Sea, returned to West Germany by Britain
- Egyptian government-Ali Maher Pasja resigns.
- Founding of the British Phycological Society.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1952 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?