Friday 1 March 1963
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Walk Like A Man by The 4 Seasons.
In UK Diamonds by Jet Harris & Tony Meehan was in the top 5 hits.
The Trial, directed by Orson Welles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1963
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1963!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1963 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Maurice Benard: Actor (Sonny Corinthos- General Hospital).
- Rob Affuso: American drummer (Skid Row).
- Bryan Batt: American actor.
- Ron Francis: Canadian ice hockey player and manager.
- Russell Wong: American actor.
- Dan Michaels: American musician and record producer
- Barb[ara] Marois in Auburn: Massachusetts, USA; field hockey defender (Olympics-1996).
- Tony Castillo in Lara: Venezuela; pitcher (Toronto Blue Jays).
- Arnold Oosterveer: soccer player (SC Heerenveen).
- Ron Francis in Sault Ste Marie: Ontario, Canada; NHL center (Pittsburgh Penguins, Team Canada).
- Magnus Svensson in Leksand: Sweden; NHL defenseman (Florida Panthers).
- Robert James Affuso in Newburgh: New York, USA; rock drummer (Skid Row-Psycho Love).
- Thomas Anders: German singer, composer, and record producer. Anders was the lead singer of Germany's popular pop-duo Modern Talking in 1984–1987 and in 1998–2003.
- Maurice BTnard [Mauricio Morales] in San Francisco: California, USA; actor (Sonny Corinthos - General Hospital, Nico Kelly - All My Children).
- 200,000 French mine workers strike.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1963 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Paul and Paula - Hey Paula
- The 4 Seasons - Walk Like A Man
- The Rooftop Singers - Walk Right In
- Dion - Ruby Baby
- Bobby Darin - You're The Reason I'm Living
- The Cascades - Rhythm Of The Rain
- Ned Miller - From A Jack To A King
- Eydie Gorme - Blame It On The Bossa Nova
- The Rebels - Wild Weekend
- Johnny Mathis - What Will Mary Say
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?