Sunday 1 March 1964
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles.
In UK Needles And Pins by The Searchers was in the top 5 hits.
The Last Man on Earth, directed by Ubaldo B. Ragona, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1964
while The Spy Who Came In From The Cold by John le Carré was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1964.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1964!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1964 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Rob Roy: American television actor, appearing in shows like "Law & Order", "No Reservations" and "Rescue Me".
- Clinton Gregory: American singer-songwriter and fiddler.
- Maurizio Randazzo: Italian men's team epee-fencing, placing with a Gold Medal over France 9/19/2000 at the Australian Olympics.
- Paul Le Guen: French football/soccer manager and former player, who played for the French national team (1993–1995).
- Jennifer McCarter in Sevierville: Tennessee, USA; singer (McCarter - "The Gift").
- Sergius Kagen: Composer, dies at 54.
- Villarrica Volcano begins a strombolian eruption causing lahars that destroy half of the town of Conaripe.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1964 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Beatles - I Want To Hold Your Hand
- The Beatles - She Loves You
- The Four Seasons - Dawn (Go Away)
- Al (He's the King) Hirt - Java
- The Rivieras - California Sun
- The Beatles - Please Please Me
- Lesley Gore - You Don't Own Me
- Diane Renay - Navy Blue
- Dale & Grace - Stop And Think It Over
- Major Lance - Um, Um, Um, Um, Um, Um
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?