Wednesday 1 March 1967
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Ruby Tuesday by The Rolling Stones.
In UK I'm A Believer by The Monkees was in the top 5 hits.
The Taming of the Shrew, directed by Franco Zeffirelli, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1967
while The Secret Of Santa Vittoria by Robert Crichton was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1967.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1967!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1967 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- George Eads: American actor.
- Isabelle Patissier: French mountain climber, two times world champion and many times champion of France.
- Yelena Afanasyeva: Russian athlete.
- Aron Winter: Surnamese / Dutch soccer star (Ajax, Lazio).
- WMET (now WHSW) TV channel 24 in Baltimore, Maryland (IND) 1st broadcast
- House of Representatives expels Representative Adam Clayton Powell Jr (307 to 116).
- Dominica and Saint Lucia gain independence from Britain.
- Queen Elizabeth Hall (South Bank Center) opens in London, England.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1967 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Rolling Stones - Ruby Tuesday
- The Supremes - Love Is Here And Now You're Gone
- The Buckinghams - Kind Of A Drag
- Johnny Rivers - Baby I Need Your Lovin'
- The Seekers - Georgy Girl
- Sonny & Cher - The Beat Goes On
- Spencer Davis Group - Gimme Some Lovin'
- The Casinos - Then You Can Tell Me Goodbye
- Mitch Ryder - Sock It To Me - Baby!
- The Monkees - I'm A Believer
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?