Saturday 1 March 1969
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Dafydd Ieuan and Vincenzo Esposito.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Everyday People by Sly & the Family Stone.
In UK (If Paradise Is) Half As Nice by Amen Corner was in the top 5 hits.
99 Women, directed by Jess Franco, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1969
while The Salzburg Connection by Helen MacInnes was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Fortune.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Space Travel.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1969!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1969 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Dafydd Ieuan: Welsh drummer (Super Furry Animals).
- Vincenzo Esposito: NBA guard (Toronto Raptors).
- Doug Creek in Winchester: Virginia, USA; pitcher (San Francisco Giants).
- Jozsef Szabo: Hungarian swimmer.
- Javier Bardem: Spanish actor.
- Red, White, and Maddox closes at Cort Theater NYC after 41 performances
- Jim Morrison arrested for exposing himself at Dinner Key Auditorium
- Pirate Radio 259 begins operation off the French coast
- After 88 weeks, The Beatles' Sergeant Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band album drops off the charts.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1969 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Sly & the Family Stone - Everyday People
- Tommy James and the Shondells - Crimson And Clover
- The Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
- The Doors - Touch Me
- Creedence Clearwater Revival - Proud Mary
- The Turtles - You Showed Me
- Jay and the Americans - This Magic Moment
- Smokey Robinson - Baby, Baby Don't Cry
- Brooklyn Bridge - Worst That Could Happen
- Tommy Roe - Dizzy
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?