Monday 1 March 1971
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to One Bad Apple by The Osmonds.
In UK Baby Jump by Mungo Jerry was in the top 5 hits.
Get Carter, directed by Mike Hodges, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1971
while Islands In The Stream by Ernest Hemingway was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1971.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1971!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1971 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Thomas Adès: English pianist composer and conductor.
- Tyler Hamilton: American cyclist and trainer.
- Austin Robbins NFL defensive tackle (Oakland Raiders: New Orleans Saints).
- Tyler Hamilton in Marblehead: Massachusetts, USA; cyclist (Olympics-1996).
- Shepherd Clark in Atlanta: Georgia, USA; figure skater (1994, 1997 Eastern Sr champion).
- Tim Prinsen: Canadian Football League offensive linebacker (Hamilton Tiger Cats).
- Allen Johnson: Washington, DC -- Long jumper / 110m hurdler (1996 Olympics - Gold Medalist)
- Clandestine Radio Deutsche Reich (Germany) begins transmitting on FM
- Bomb attack on the Capitol in Washington DC.
- A bomb explodes in a men's room in the United States Capitol: the Weather Underground claims responsibility.
- President of Pakistan Yahya Khan indefinitely postpones the pending national assembly session, precipitating massive civil disobedience in East Pakistan.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1971 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Osmonds - One Bad Apple
- Jackson 5 - Mama's Pearl
- Janis Joplin - Me And Bobby McGee
- The Temptations - Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me)
- Gordon Lightfoot - If You Could Read My Mind
- Tom Jones - She's A Lady
- Carpenters - For All We Know
- Jerry Reed - Amos Moses
- Nitty Gritty Dirt Band - Mr. Bojangles
- Wadsworth Mansion - Sweet Mary
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?