Friday 1 March 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marilise Krentkowski and Lilian Krentkowski.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks.
In UK Tiger Feet by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Nova.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rebound or Spasim.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1974!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1974 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Marilise Krentkowski: Brazilian first born of identical, gorgeous triplets.
- Lilian Krentkowski: Brazilian gorgeous model, one of identical triplets.
- Renata Porto Krentkowski: Brazilian gorgeous model, one of identical triplets.
- Mark Gosselaar: TV Actor.
- Stephen Davis: running back (Washington Redskins).
- George Harrison announces his concert tour of US in November
- Watergate scandal: Seven are indicted for their role in the Watergate break-in and charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- David Essex - Rock On
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Cher - Dark Lady
- The O'Jays - Put Your Hands Together
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?