Friday 1 March 1974
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Richard Nixon (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Seasons In The Sun by Terry Jacks.
In UK Tiger Feet by Mud was in the top 5 hits.
Blazing Saddles, directed by Mel Brooks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1974
while Burr by Gore Vidal was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1974!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1974 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Stephen Davis: running back (Washington Redskins).
- Mark-Paul Gosselaar: American actor.
- Shane Harwood: Australian cricketer.
- Mark Gosselaar: TV Actor.
- Renata Porto Krentkowski: Brazilian gorgeous model, one of identical triplets.
- Marilise Krentkowski: Brazilian first born of identical, gorgeous triplets. Her sister Lilian was born at 10:15 AM and Renata at 10:20 AM. They appeared semi-nude in a Brazilian issue of Playboy magazine and in the U.S. Playboy in 1993, a pictorial review that led to their work in Brazilian TV commercials.
- Lilian Krentkowski: Brazilian gorgeous model, one of identical triplets. Her sister Marilise was born at 10:00 AM and Renata was born at 10:20 AM. They appeared semi-nude in a Brazilian issue of Playboy magazine and in the U.S. Playboy issue in 1993, a pictorial that led to work in TV commercials.
- George Harrison announces his concert tour of US in November
- Watergate scandal: Seven are indicted for their role in the Watergate break-in and charged with conspiracy to obstruct justice.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1974 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barbra Streisand - The Way We Were
- Terry Jacks - Seasons In The Sun
- Love Unlimited Orchestra - Love's Theme
- Cher - Dark Lady
- Eddie Kendricks - Boogie Down
- Jim Stafford - Spiders & Snakes
- Aretha Franklin - Until You Come Back To Me (That's What I'm Gonna Do)
- Kool & The Gang - Jungle Boogie
- David Essex - Rock On
- The O'Jays - Put Your Hands Together
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?