Saturday 1 March 1975
It was Saturday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Best Of My Love by Eagles.
In UK January by Pilot was in the top 5 hits.
A Boy and His Dog, directed by L.Q. Jones, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1975
while Something Happened by Joseph Heller was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1975!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1975 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Maya Kulenovic: Croatian-Canadian painter.
- Francesco Mazzariol: Italian footballer and coach.
- Shirley Heights: British racehorse (d. 1997).
- Tate Stevens: Country Singer.
- Maria Jose Suarez: Miss Universe - Spain (1996).
- 17th Grammy Awards: "I Honestly Love You", Marvin Hamlisch win.
- Aston Villa wins the Football League Cup at Wembley, beating Norwich City 1–0 in the final.
- Charlie Chaplin is knighted by Elizabeth II.
- A Canadian parliamentary committee is televised for the first time.
- Algiers Accord: Iran and Iraq announce a settlement in their border dispute.
- A bomb explodes in the Paris offices of the Springer Press. The 6 March Group (connected to the Red Army Faction) demands amnesty for the Baader-Meinhof Group.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1975 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Frankie Valli - My Eyes Adored You
- Lady Marmalade (Voulez-Vous Coucher Avec Moi) - LaBelle
- AWB - Pick Up The Pieces
- The Doobie Brothers - Black Water
- Olivia Newton-John - Have You Never Been Mellow
- Eagles - Best Of My Love
- Grand Funk - Some Kind Of Wonderful
- America - Lonely People
- Styx - Lady
- Carole King - Nightingale
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?