Monday 1 March 1976
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Gerald Ford (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Love Machine (Part 1) by The Miracles.
In UK December '63 by The Four Seasons was in the top 5 hits.
Taxi Driver, directed by Martin Scorsese, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1976
while Curtain by Agatha Christie was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Or have a look at the whole 1976.
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1976!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1976 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Maringo Vlijter: soccer player (Go Ahead Eagles).
- Peter F Bell: Australian rules footballer.
- Dave Malkoff: American TV news reporter.
- Travis Kvapil: American race car driver.
- Andreas Mjøs: Norwegian vibraphonist (Jaga Jazzist).
- Jean Martinon: French musician, conductor, violinist, composer.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1976 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Miracles - Love Machine (Part 1)
- Eric Carmen - All By Myself
- The Four Seasons - December 1963 (Oh, What A Night)
- Rhythm Heritage - Theme From S.W.A.T.
- Eagles - Take It To The Limit
- Gary Wright - Dream Weaver
- Captain and Tennille - Lonely Night (Angel Face)
- Paul Simon - 50 Ways To Leave Your Lover
- Nazareth - Love Hurts
- Hot Chocolate - You Sexy Thing
Get back in touch
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?