Thursday 1 March 1984
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jacob Lillyman and Naima Mora.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Jump by Van Halen.
In UK Relax by Frankie Goes To Hollywood was in the top 5 hits.
Repo Man, directed by Alex Cox, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1984
while Pet Sematary by Stephen King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Zlatniyat vek.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Bruce Lee or Emerald Isle.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1984!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1984 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Jacob Lillyman: Australian rugby league footballer.
- Naima Mora: winner of America's Next Top Model cycle 4..
- Adiz Benson: Reality Star.
- Alexander Steen: Canadian-born Swedish ice hockey player.
- Anthony Tupou: Australian rugby league footballer.
- Jackie Coogan: American actor, one of the most famous and appealing of the child stars.
- Landsat 5 and ham satellite Oscar 11 launched into polar orbit
- NASA launches Landsat-D Prime (Landsat 5) to thematic map the Earth.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1984 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Van Halen - Jump
- Nena - 99 Luftballons
- Cyndi Lauper - Girls Just Want To Have Fun
- Michael Jackson - Thriller
- John Lennon - Nobody Told Me
- Culture Club - Karma Chameleon
- Rockwell - Somebody's Watching Me
- The Police - Wrapped Around Your Finger
- Shannon - Let The Music Play
- Huey Lewis & The News - I Want A New Drug
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?