Friday 1 March 1985
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include J Leman and Andreas Ottl.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Careless Whisper by Wham!.
In UK I Know Him So Well by Elaine Paige & Barbara Dickson was in the top 5 hits.
Mask, directed by Peter Bogdanovich, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1985
while If Tomorrow Comes by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Johann Sebastian Bach.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Mach Rider or Moebius: The Orb of Celestial Harmony.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1985!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1985 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- J Leman: American football player.
- Andreas Ottl: German footballer.
- Yun Ok-hee: South Korean archer.
- Eugene List: US concert pianist, dies at age 66.
- Liza Minnelli enters Betty Ford Drug Center
- Milwaukee businessman Herb Kohl purchases the Milwaukee Bucks.
- Pentagon accepts theory that atomic war would cause a nuclear winter.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1985 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Wham! - Careless Whisper
- REO Speedwagon - Can't Fight This Feeling
- David Lee Roth - California Girls
- Glenn Frey - The Heat Is On
- Billy Ocean - Loverboy
- Pointer Sisters - Neutron Dance
- Foreigner - I Want To Know What Love Is
- Philip Bailey - Easy Lover
- Sheena Easton - Sugar Walls
- John Fogerty - The Old Man Down The Road
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?