Sunday 1 March 1987
It was Sunday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican). In that special week of March people in US were listening to Livin' On A Prayer by Bon Jovi.
In UK I Knew You Were Waiting (For Me) by George Michael & Aretha Franklin was in the top 5 hits.
Angel Heart, directed by Alan Parker, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while Windmills Of The Gods by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released this week ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1987!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1987 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Vintage Crop: Irish race horse (d. 2014).
- Keha: American singer.
- Navarone Garibaldi: American noted family, the son of Priscilla Presley, 41, and her fiancé, writer-director Marco Garibaldi, 32.
- Sammie : American singer.
- Duncan Jones: YouTube Star.
- Kesha : American singer-songwriter. Her mother, Patricia Rose "Pebe" Sebert, is a singer-songwriter who co-wrote the 1978 single "Old Flames Can't Hold a Candle to You" with Hugh Moffatt for Joe Sun. Pebe, a single mother, struggled financially while supporting herself, Kesha, and her older brother Lagan; they relied on welfare payments and food stamps to get by. Pebe moved the family to Nashville, Tennessee, in 1991 after securing a new publishing deal for her songwriting. Pebe frequently brought Kesha
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bon Jovi - Livin' On A Prayer
- Huey Lewis & The News - Jacob's Ladder
- Georgia Satellites - Keep Your Hands To Yourself
- Linda Ronstadt - Somewhere Out There
- Chicago - Will You Still Love Me?
- The Jets - You Got It All
- Bruce Willis - Respect Yourself
- Lionel Richie - Ballerina Girl
- Beastie Boys - (You Gotta) Fight For Your Right (To Party!)
- Peter Gabriel - Big Time
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?