Tuesday 1 March 1988
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Trevor Cahill and Katija Pevec.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Father Figure by George Michael.
In UK I Should Be So Lucky by Kylie Minogue was in the top 5 hits.
Frantic, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Bonfire Of The Vanities by Tom Wolfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Always Afternoon.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 8 Eyes or Bravoman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1988!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1988 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Trevor Cahill: American baseball player.
- Katija Pevec: American actress.
- Yang Hyeon-jong: South Korean baseball player.
- Jean Le Poulain: French actor.
- Joe Besser, American comedian (The Three Stooges, Abbott and Costello), dies at age 80 (born 1907).
- Wayne Gretzky passes Gordie Howe with his record 1,050th NHL assist.
- Courtney Gibbs Eplin, age 21, of Texas, crowned 37th Miss USA.
- Iraq says it launched 16 missiles into Tehran, Iran.
- Pontiac announces the end of the Fiero automobile.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- George Michael - Father Figure
- Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up
- Patrick Swayze - She's Like The Wind
- Belinda Carlisle - I Get Weak
- Pet Shop Boys - What Have I Done To Deserve This
- Gloria Estefan - Can't Stay Away From You
- David Lee Roth - Just Like Paradise
- Richard Marx - Endless Summer Nights
- Michael Jackson - Man In The Mirror
- Cher - I Found Someone
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?