Tuesday 1 March 1994
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was Bill Clinton (Democratic). In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Power Of Love by Celine Dion.
In UK Things Can Only Get Better by D:Ream was in the top 5 hits.
Sirens, directed by John Duigan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1994
while The Client by John Grisham was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1994!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1994 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
Famous Birthdays:01 March
- Senate rejectes a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution
- Walter Kent, US composer (I'll Be Home for Christmas), dies at age 82.
- US Senate rejects a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution.
- 36th Grammy Awards: "I Will Always Love You", Toni Braxton win.
- Mary Ellen Withrow begins her term of office as Treasurer of the United States, serving under President Bill Clinton.
- Martti Ahtisaari inaugurated as President of Finland.
Subscribe to our Newsletter
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1994 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Make this date unforgettable
CD and DVD Birthday Cards
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
Retro and Vintage gifts
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?